- Temperature range of 28 – 300 K
- Excellent temperature stability of 0.3 K
- Uses helium gas from cylinders- NOT liquid helium
- Uses nitrogen or helium gas
- Remote control available via CryoConnector and Oxford Connect
- Fast cool-down to 100 Kelvin in just 45 minutes and 30 Kelvin in 75 minutes
- Now with new 800 series touch screen controller
Dual flow nitrogen and helium gas cooler
The N-HeliX from Oxford Cryosystems offers temperatures as low as 28 K whilst avoiding the expense and logistical issues associated with liquid helium.
The N-HeliX has been designed to be economical to run, using a minimal gas flow. This means that a typical helium gas cylinder will last approximately 16-20 hours, and by linking cylinders in a manifold, long term experiments can be performed. The N-HeliX is now offered with Oxford Cryosystems’ 800 series controller, offering an ergonomic design with a touch screen, and comes with USB and ethernet ports, allowing users to monitor and control their system via our web interface, Oxford Connect.
Whilst having been designed for single crystal samples, users are also starting to see some exciting results when using the N-HeliX to cool capillary powder samples. The HeliX may be used in either a vertical or horizontal position.