- No liquid nitrogen required
- Temperature range of 80-400 K or 80-500 K for the Plus
- Excellent stability of 0.1 K with ability to log and record temperatures
- New controller, offering an ergonomic design with a touch screen, USB and ethernet ports
- Complete programmability and ability to monitor and control remotely via Cryoconnector software and Oxford Connect
Cryostream-like efficiency and reliability without the liquid
Cobra uses nitrogen gas instead of liquid, offering complete freedom from the challenges of liquid nitrogen such as storage, logistical and safety issues or simply the worry and responsibility of remembering to refill the Dewar. In fact, the Cobra can be left to run for weeks or even months without any user intervention, offering complete peace of mind and a stress-free laboratory environment.
Like the Cryostream, the Cobra is fully programmable, and can produce a cold stream at any temperature between 80 and 500 Kelvin, with a stability of 0.1 Kelvin. If a laboratory nitrogen gas supply is available, this can be used for the Cobra. Otherwise, an optional nitrogen gas generator can be provided, which produces pure dry nitrogen gas from the air.