- Incorporates single stage Oxford Cryosystems GM coldhead, so no consumption of cryogens
- Temperature range of 70- 525 K and excellent stability of 0.1 K
- Ramp rates of 1-360 K/hour for complete temperature control
- Cooldown to 100 K from RT in 35 minutes
- Warm up to 525 K from RT in 40 minutes
Cooling and heating chamber for powder diffraction
The Chimera is the new variable temperature chamber for flat plate powder samples from Oxford Cryosystems, with a temperature range of 70- 525 K, and excellent stability of 0.1 K. Unlike traditional cooling and heater chambers, the Chimera works by incorporating an Oxford Cryosystems single stage GM cooler, meaning that no liquid nitrogen is required.
For further information on integration of the Chimera with your powder diffractometer, we recommend you speak to the relevant X-ray company or contact us for further details.