Mechanical Design Engineer
Long Hanborough, Oxfordshire, OX29 8LN
Full Time Permanent
£35,000 depending on experience
To manage the improvements to existing product and the introduction of new products into the production cycle.
- Produce 3D-CAD models of designs and supporting design documentation.
- Produce design drawings of components for manufacture.
- Produce assembly drawings and build documentation.
- Manage and implement Engineering Change requests.
- Identify opportunities and implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of the product and customer requirements, fabrication processes, assembly methods and product design.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to liaise with existing and new suppliers on all aspects of manufacturing, manufacturing improvements and cost reduction.
- Design, install and assist with the maintenance of in-house test equipment.
- Help to identify and resolve product and process related issues with corrective and preventative actions.
- Manage Bills of Materials for new and existing products within the Sage Production system.
- Create and maintain process and operating procedures and work instructions for new and existing products.
- Work with the other members of the Development team on maintaining the Parts database.
- Lead Engineering Change and product engineering meetings and produce timely and accurate information, proposals and recommendations.
- Coach and mentor production technicians on new products and production processes.
You will be expected to have:
- A degree level or equivalent Mechanical or design engineering qualification.
- 3D CAD modelling experience.
- Good practical and mechanical skills, engineering and process knowledge.
- An understanding of Bill of Material and product structure.
- Experience testing and experimenting with prototypes.
- Experience of working within a high-tech multi-disciplined environment.
- Good knowledge of GD&T
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- The ability to work well alone as well as part of a team.
The team at Oxford Cryosystems are always looking for talented people to work with us. If you would like to find out more, please email us your CV and covering letter
Meet the people who make Oxford Cryosystems.
We are always very happy to hear from existing and potential customers, so whether you would like to discuss an upcoming project or seek advice on your existing system, please do get in touch.
Find out what we've been doing and where we will be over the next year.