Mechanical Design & Development Engineer
Are you considering a change and do you like the idea of working in a very successful company offering lots of variety in the work you do?
We are searching for a proactive and driven Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of small and medium sized development projects. As the ideal candidate, you’ll be part of a team responsible for the development of existing products through introducing product improvements in line with demanding customer expectations. As an experienced mechanical engineer, you’ll be comfortable within a small team and have the experience to drive projects forward to completion.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proven record of project work and working within or leading a small team.
- Hands-on experience with prototype and pre-prototype testing.
- Expert user of 3D modelling software preferably Solid Edge. Training provided where necessary.
- Design work experience within the scientific instrumentation sector.
- Experience of filtration and separation would be useful for specific projects.
- An understanding of cryogenics and vacuum systems is desirable.
- Driven to complete all tasks and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with suppliers and internally at all levels
- Organised enough to take on a number of projects at any one time.
- Bachelors Degree in a Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline or HNC/HND with commercial experience gained in a relevant technical, engineering or design discipline.
Salary for this position is in the range of £30,000- £40,000
We have a new Buyer’s position available for someone looking for a part-time role:
Key responsibilities Include:
- Raise POs and expedite deliveries with suppliers
- Liaising with Engineering to ensure parts are sourced in line with technical specifications
- General purchase planning, thinking ahead and ensuring stock levels are sufficient to meet the Production Plan.
- Managing company relationships with suppliers
- Administering all relevant documentation accurately and efficiently
- Support Development Projects with RFQ’s for prototyping and volume production
Key skills required:
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing, procurement or buying role (Ideally experience gained within manufacturing / mechanical or engineering environment)
- Highly efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise
- Methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and hard working
- Committed and can demonstrate strong customer service
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Knowledge of Sage 200 desirable but not essential
The working hours are 9:30 to 14:30pm Monday to Friday, these hours could be flexible for the correct candidate.
Salary for this position is pro-rated in the range of £18,000 to £25,000.