Customer Service and Technical Support Executive
Working for an Oxfordshire based, market leader in scientific instruments for X-ray Crystallography, you’ll be helping to support and develop customer relationships across the world.
Due to continued expansion, we are looking for a customer service or technical support professional with a scientific or engineering background, to help support our range of scientific equipment in biochemistry, chemistry, physics and material laboratories worldwide.
As a key member of our customer-facing team you’ll be involved in a variety of different challenges, from handling technical support and logistical issues to representing the company at international conferences and exhibitions. In return you’ll receive a great salary package, relevant training and contributory pension scheme.
So, if you’re into multi-tasking, a brilliant communicator and thrive on a different challenge every day, then we want to talk to you!
Who you are:
- You will ideally have experience in a technical support, sales or customer service role; you are comfortable with dealing with customers by phone, email and face-to-face.
- You are interested in, and have a desire to learn about complex scientific equipment.
- You’re an excellent communicator with the ability to relay complex information in a digestible manner to international customers.
- You don’t get frustrated by problems, instead seeing them as intellectual challenges
- You have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in either a science or engineering subject
- You are highly organized, efficient and able to manage multiple tasks.
We’re looking for a pro-active, confident and driven individual to be part of our fantastic team. If that’s you – then apply by sending your CV today.
Development Team Members
We are currently searching for a proactive and driven Mechanical Design Engineer with experience in leading small and medium sized development projects. As the ideal candidate, you’ll be responsible for project managing some of the developments of existing products through introducing product improvements and design changes in line with demanding customer expectations. As an experienced engineer, you’ll be comfortable within a small team and have the project experience to drive projects forward to completion.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proven record of managing design projects and working within or leading a small team.
- Hands-on experience with prototype and pre-prototype testing.
- Expert user of 3D modelling software preferably Solid Edge.
- Design work experience within the scientific instrumentation community.
- Experience of filtration and separation would we useful for specific projects
- An understanding of thermodynamics and gas flow are desirable.
As a person, it is expected that you’ll be driven to complete all projects you are working on. You will also have good problem-solving skills, an ability to communicate with customers, suppliers and internally at all levels and be organised enough to take on a number of projects at any one time. We expect you to be self-motivated to see them through to completion.
The ideal candidate will have a degree or equivalent qualification gained in a relevant technical, engineering or design discipline.