Customer Service and Sales Executive
As a key member of our customer-facing team you’ll be involved in a variety of different challenges, from handling customer support issues to being part of a proactive sales and marketing team and representing the company at international exhibitions. So, if you’re a strong multi-tasker, a skilled communicator and thrive on a different challenge every day, then we want to talk to you!
Typical Work Activities:
- Develop a deep understanding of the products and use this knowledge to provide technical support to customers by email and phone.
- Work with customers and engineers to arrange on-site installations and service visits
- Follow up sales enquiries for the organisation’s products, provide quotations and follow them through to completion
- Attend international exhibitions as part of a team, where you will be expected to fulfil a sales role and attend to all forms of customer enquiries
- As part of a team, provide regular reports and presentations on the status of technical support enquiries
- Help to improve customer service procedures, policies and standards for the business
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a technical sales or customer service role
- A minimum of a bachelors degree in either a science or engineering subject
- Excellent communication skills being comfortable communicating with customers and colleagues at every level
- Highly organized, efficient and able to manage multiple tasks
- Comfortable with travelling in the UK and internationally, and a full driving licence
- Experience with CRM systems and quoting software would be highly desirable
Mechanical Design & Development Engineer
Are you considering a change and do you like the idea of working in a very successful company offering lots of variety in the work you do?
We are searching for a proactive and driven Mechanical Design Engineer with experience of small and medium sized development projects. As the ideal candidate, you’ll be part of a team responsible for the development of existing products through introducing product improvements in line with demanding customer expectations. As an experienced mechanical engineer, you’ll be comfortable within a small team and have the experience to drive projects forward to completion.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Proven record of project work and working within or leading a small team.
- Hands-on experience with prototype and pre-prototype testing.
- Expert user of 3D modelling software preferably Solid Edge. Training provided where necessary.
- Design work experience within the scientific instrumentation sector.
- Experience of filtration and separation would be useful for specific projects.
- An understanding of cryogenics and vacuum systems is desirable.
- Driven to complete all tasks and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with suppliers and internally at all levels
- Organised enough to take on a number of projects at any one time.
- Bachelors Degree in a Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline or HNC/HND with commercial experience gained in a relevant technical, engineering or design discipline.
Salary for this position is in the range of £30,000- £40,000